Moonwalk’s award-winning Hierarchical
Storage Management Solution
Moonwalk is a data management software that automates the movement of unstructured data from expensive and complex primary storage to lower cost disk storage, object storage and the cloud.
- Moonwalk customers typically reduce their storage TCO by 80% and see a solution ROI in 12-18 months
- Allows most effective use of expensive primary storage making the need for storage upgrades less frequent and much less expensive.
- Data growth is contained in secondary storage where upgrades are inexpensive, non-disruptive and predictable
- Up to 90% of the dataset is out of the primary storage resulting in faster end-to-end processes and significantly reduced backup media requirements.
Up to 25TB
Alibaba Cloud OSS
Caringo Content Gateway
Dell EMC ECS
Google Cloud Storage
IBM Spectrum Scale
Virtustream Storage Cloud
Clustering & HA
Change Destination Tier
Additional File Operations
REST Management APIs
Moonwalk can release more than 50% of current primary storage.
Moonwalk’s automated, Hierarchical Storage Management software relocates data to more cost-effective secondary storage, reducing costs by:
- Capping expensive primary storage
- Reducing backup costs
- Reducing the load on server and storage devices
- Automating costly data-management operations
Modern organisations are dealing with ever-growing amounts of data being consumed by users. This explosion of data needs greater storage capacity, management and administration. This increases the cost and complexity of storage architectures exponentially and often far outstrips budgeted expansion.
Continuing to buy more and more storage is no longer a viable strategy to overcome these challenges.
The answer is to automate and manage data across storage tiers within existing storage architectures to deliver the best return on investment. The answer is Moonwalk.
Data Analysis: Understanding Datasets
As part of the software suite, Moonwalk provides a data analysis tool for file systems
When configured, the tool gathers target information for efficient and bespoke data analysis, allowing information and insights into organisational datasets, for data-driven decision making.
Users configure the data analysis tool to meet their bespoke requirements, utilising the functions of Moonwalk that best meet their needs. It offers features such as:
- Archiving old files
- Archiving infrequently used files
- Archiving large files
- Deleting or isolating suspect or prohibited files
Over time, reporting policies provide a mechanism for storage optimisation and ongoing data management improvement.
Moonwalk’s patented software technology automates and manages the movement of data from primary storage locations to lower cost file systems, object stores, tape or cloud storage services.
Key Moonwalk characteristics include:
- Non-disruptive technology
- No introduced points of failure
- No scalability limitations
- Minimised network congestion
- Reduced computing and storage resource consumption
AdminCenter is a light-weight web application that provides a single point of management interface.
Because you’re not in the data path, you’re able to scale proportionately without having to continuously invest in middleware.
This delivers significant savings and is just one of the ways in which Moonwalk can demonstrate a ROI compared to other HSM solutions.
Additionally, eliminating the need for middleware, databases or a centralised cache means that there is less human resource required to manage the migration and archiving of files.
This allows enterprises to scale without having to continuously reinvest in storage infrastructure.
Key Technology Features
Automates the process of archiving, moving copying or deleting files
Schedules control to ensure operational activity does not compete with existing processes
Supports flexible rules that permit users to create policies that determine which files will be archived, moved, copied or deleted
Provides a single point from which the policies can be defined and executed
Implements a distributed execution framework
Runs on a wide variety of enterprise storage platforms
Requires a very small footprint in the environment
Enables recovery of archived files in the event of a disaster